Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Weekend Update

Our Valentines weekend was great! We had to make an early start with the Valentine's sex, as we were planning on DH giving a sample today (Tuesday). Saturday, DH took me shopping and we spent Sunday in Niagara, saw a show and spend some good quality time together. Yesterday we caught a movie and chilled at home for Family Day.

On Friday we were still debating if DH should go for the SA this week, since I just finished my Clomid and will be ovulating. I did some OPK's and there is a very faint line, but nowhere near dark enough to ovulate yet, so off he went to the fertility clinic. Hopefully I will ovulate between Thursday and Sunday - since we can't do anything till Thursday. I'm still twingy...so my ovaries are hopefully still working for me on the 50mg/Clomid.

I have little faith in conceiving this month, but will try all the same. I'm looking forward to learning whether or not we will be moving onto the IVF or IUI. It all depends how shitty DH's sperm are looking after this recent analysis. Everything for me seems to be a count down lately...counting down to conception, ovulation, cycle day 1, two-week-wait, test results...etc., I am currently counting down to ovulation, then the 2ww and finally the three week count down to our 'Next Steps'!!! I will be very happy when my life is not centered around producing a baby.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your 50mg works. I think the constantly counting down feeling is impossible to avoid... the killer is that even if you get a + then your getting a beta and counting down till your next beta, then first fetal u/s and heartbeat, and so on and so fourth till they are safe in your arms (while the stakes continue to climb). So, we are a troubled group of people, but at least we know what we want and work towards that goal one step at a time.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete