Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Decision disaster...

We had our fertility appointment today, the final one before IFV Canada decided for us whether or not we move to IUI or IVF. Our appointment was 1.45 hours late, which was killing me! Not to mention there were like 5 pregnant women in the waiting room...which was driving me crazy. One of these girls looked like she was maybe 18...with her gangsta boyfriend who kept complaining about the wait...she gets a baby and I don't! Errrr!

Anyways, we confirmed that I did ovulate again with a progesterone level of 98, so most likely at least two eggs again. The SFA came back...with little to no change. There were so many numbers and variables I didn't even bother writing them down, especially since it wont make a bit of difference if I know the exact numbers. Our doctor said we would be moving onto the IUI, however, due to another screw up on his part...we will once again miss my next cycle.

They wont do the IUI until my HIV /other blood tests come back, which takes three to four weeks. When I asked him why he didn't do the tests 6 months ago when we started seeing him, he said he just assumed I had already had the tests! F-him! He even told my husband a month ago that I was going to need the tests, but when I called and asked him about it he had no idea what I was talking about and said we would talk about any further testing at the next appointment! Anywhoo...during our appointment today all of my frustration must have started to show...because my asshole doctor said in a very condescending tone...you need to relax (one of the things you don't tell an infertile)...it wasn't a caring tone it was condescending and nasty. He said I needed to stop being upset about this stuff and get on with it...after he said this...I let a tear slide...and my doctor jumped on me and basically said I was being rediculous for being upset. I tried to defend myself by asking him why he thought I didn't have the right to be upset...and he said something about this is nothing to do with rights that I was just over reacting. OK...what really pisses me off is...I wasn't even crying...no hysterics...no sobbing...not even a snotting nose...just a few stray tears of emotion...and I was totally attacked. Apparently I was/am supposed to be a ROBOT and not have any emotion. Even longer story short...he threatened me with psychiatric evaluation...he was pretty much threatening to stop treatment...all because I let a few tears of frustration and emotion go. I HATE him...errr....so I basically sucked it up and did the whole "Yes..sure...whatever...yep...I'm over reacting...oh..yes...is that what you wanted to here"...stick.

We go for the IUI orientation next Wednesday at 1pm, and then we wait for my blood work to come back. After that we just wait for my next cycle... pay them $650.00 and see what happens. Can't say I'm excited...just annoyed that we wont know if the IUI might even work until at least May 8th...errr....I don't even want to think about it.

Other unusual fertility news...I'm 16 dpo...no AF...and no AF cramps and BFN this AM...weird. If I don't get AF before Thursday...I'm going for a blood test. But now that I've written it down...I'm sure I'll get AF in the night.

2 comments:

  1. Oh no he didn't! That jerk! Missed getting the tests you needed back when you should have had them and screwed everything up and was a jerk in every possible way and he acts like YOU have the problem.

    So, just checking, but there is absolutely no one else you can see, no other drs or clinics? Cause it sounds like even if it will set you back some, it might be time find a new doc.

    Well, if nothing else, I'm sorry you have to put up with that ass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are lots of doctors and fertility clinics around here. Its just that there are huge waiting lists. I found another doctor, we are going to put our names on the list...but it will be about 6 months before we can see her. So in the mean time we will continue treatment / IUI with our current Dr., luckily I wont really have to even see him in the next 3 cycles - since its a nurse that does the IUI treatments.

    ReplyDelete