Friday, January 23, 2009

SA news...




DH had his appointment with the Dr. last night. He called from the car to tell me the results, which I was disappointed about but he seemed surprisingly ok with (or fake ok with).

SA #1:
count - 9 mil/ml
motility - 50%
morphology - 20%

We have been waiting since before Christmas to know the actual results, we knew the count was low, but the Dr. said not impossibly low. I was disappointed because I was hoping for a higher count. I guess I was just wishing the Dr. would say "The count is around 20-30 mill/ml but we would like to see it higher". But that was not the case.

However, the lower then expected count was not the main reason for my frustration last night. DH's blood work was screwed up at the lab, no one noticed until DH was sitting in front of the Dr. It was a genetic marker test (the most important one apparently) and it was not completed. This screws up a few things, first off DH was supposed to go for a more advanced analysis today. But that was cancelled because they wont do it until the blood work is complete. This further screws things up because the blood test will take THREE weeks, then he will go for the analysis, which will take another 2 weeks. This all needs to be done before we can move onto anything further treatment. Which means...we will miss my next cycle. SO ANNOYING! Anyways, once the next analysis is done (say 5 weeks from now) IVF Canada will write a final report recommending/approving us for either IUI w/ a wash or that we go straight to IVF. Either way...it looks like we are going to have to start saving our pennies for the IVF Canada doctors.

I mentioned that DH surprisingly seemed ok with all of this news, in fact he was annoyed that I took it as bad news. I frankly don't understand what was good news:
  1. The count was low.

  2. The lab screwed up and has delayed us.

  3. The delay means we miss my next cycle.

Sometimes he and I just really don't seem to be able to do anything but agree to disagree on things. We see everything so differently.

If I had to pull good news out of what we learned yesterday I would list it as:

  1. At least he had sperm.


  2. Even though we aren't doing anything further with my next cycle, I will be back up to the 50 mg of clomid that made me hyper-ovulate the first time, so even with the low count maybe my extra eggs will help.


  3. There is still hope. IUI will give us better chances and IVF is the best of the best for our situation. And hopefully in 5 weeks we will be on our way to one of these treatment options.

So back to watching the clock, I'll be waiting for AF to come (5 more days of prometrium), DH's blood work and next analysis. Man I just want an ounce of good luck with the baby-makin stuff, some good news would be great! BAHAAHAA....like that's gonna happen.

Weekend forecast:

Gloomy. Spending tonight with my preggo friend...yeah for me! (gag) House work, dwelling on our infertility and getting ready for DH to leave on Sunday for a week (I hate business trips).








1 comment:

  1. Hang in there girl! There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Good job looking at the positives - at least he has sperm - you made me chuckle at the one :0)

    I hope you get to enjoy some of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete