Friday, May 15, 2009

Good news again...?

It seems so unusual to keep getting good news from our fertility doctors. I'm just so used to constantly receiving bad news or receiving good news only to be promptly followed by unpleasant news (ie. clomid worked...expect to get preggo in the normal/average three month time frame...two days later...wait...the SA came back and your gonna need in vitro if you ever want to get knocked up). So naturally I prepared myself for the worst for this mornings appointment...I fully expected them to cancel treatment and tell me we were going to have to wait until September. To my surprise everything looked great and we are moving ahead with the IVM this month.

The ultrasound showed at least 10 follies between 5-9mm and 15+ little follies - which the doctor said was great. I had my first injection by the nurse before we left and DH will give me the next ones over the next few days. I'm back to the clinic on Sunday for more blood/ultrasound...but surprisingly...so far so good! My fingers will be crossed until retrieval day and then there will be the next things to worry about...how many good embryos we will get...and the the dreaded two week wait! It should be an interesting few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment